There must be a suitable camp trailer but I can't find it

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Fidon

Re: There must be a suitable camp trailer but I can't find i

Post by Fidon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm

WomblingFree wrote:
Fidon wrote:Thanks so much for taking the time to offer up some thoughts....

At the end of it all I think most owners will agree that you will never find a perfect camper. You just find the best fit to your requirements and modify to suit. Keep the spreadsheet going :)

cheers
Malcom
Hi Malcom,

thank you thank you thank you.

You've certainly given us lots and lots of food for thought, and I really do appreciate all of it, and the time you have taken to answer my questions and thoughts,

at last count the spreadsheet have 19 columns of items for comparison,

work is rather distracting this week, but I did want to take the time to at least let you know that we have taken on board a lot that you have brought to our attention.

many thanks

Fi
planning.... to relax

WomblingFree

Post by WomblingFree » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:01 am

Hi Malcom,

thank you thank you thank you.

You've certainly given us lots and lots of food for thought, and I really do appreciate all of it, and the time you have taken to answer my questions and thoughts,

at last count the spreadsheet have 19 columns of items for comparison,

work is rather distracting this week, but I did want to take the time to at least let you know that we have taken on board a lot that you have brought to our attention.

many thanks

Fi
[/quote]

You're welcome Fi, keep the questions coming :)

Alanbry

Post by Alanbry » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:49 am

I have for sale an Australian Off Road camper, this would suit your needs, has full off road suspension,2 solar panels, 2 batteries, gas water heater, shower, s/s pull out kitchen, Q size inner spring mattress , heaps more features, look at AOR web site under their for sale section, or email me @ alanbry@bigpond.com.....the model is Cross Terrain

barry_4440

Post by barry_4440 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi Fidon, we picked up our new Lifestyle AT10 evo in April, we are really pleased with it. the outside kitchen works for us. the internal bathroom is convenient and the north south bed was essential 'cos we too were tired of crawling over each other.
We found the price excellent value for money compared with the Quantum and the KK. saving around $20k.
The longest stretch of dirt so far was going into Mungo NP about 90km, was a breeze to tow. We optioned it with a fan that pressurises the interior while on dirt roads and it was dust free when we arrived.
The diesel heater was a great addition for those cold nights as well.
Hope that helps.

Cheers Barry

Ern_Reeders

Post by Ern_Reeders » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:11 am

The Pioneers might suit you. 5 min set up, more for the awning. Built to handle Australian conditions. Good off-road.

http://www.pioneercampers.com/index.php ... ur-campers

I'm picking up my Argyle SE in a few weeks. Made the choice after 12 months' research.
Cheers, Ern

Pioneer Argyle SE and Isuzu MU-X

Fidon

Post by Fidon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 pm

barry_4440 wrote:Hi Fidon, we picked up our new Lifestyle AT10 evo in April, we are really pleased with it. the outside kitchen works for us. the internal bathroom is convenient and the north south bed was essential 'cos we too were tired of crawling over each other.
We found the price excellent value for money compared with the Quantum and the KK. saving around $20k.
The longest stretch of dirt so far was going into Mungo NP about 90km, was a breeze to tow. We optioned it with a fan that pressurises the interior while on dirt roads and it was dust free when we arrived.
The diesel heater was a great addition for those cold nights as well.
Hope that helps.

Cheers Barry
Hi Barry,

thanks for the AT10 feedback, and the info on the fan, that was one of our concerns with the way the bed folds out, dust leaks.
Did you get the optional awning extension also?

Just spent 2 nights on my riverbank in the tent dreaming of being somewhere else with a much better setup... and full cover over the entire kitchen area again came up in the conversation. We got to 39 degrees here on sunday, so shade / freak storms came up too.
As did, privacy, the river got crowded, two blokes decided to fish directly below our tent camp area with loud discussion at 8am, the cheek !!!!!.... local Bass are on the bite.

fortunately that was the extent of the crowd.

What's it like to reverse? Just thinking of the narrow track along one end of the bank that has the best shade, ( I do realise that reversing anything is always down to the skill of the driver, however some trailers can be more temperamental than others).

thanks again

Fi
planning.... to relax

Fidon

Post by Fidon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Alanbry wrote:I have for sale an Australian Off Road camper, this would suit your needs, has full off road suspension,2 solar panels, 2 batteries, gas water heater, shower, s/s pull out kitchen, Q size inner spring mattress , heaps more features, look at AOR web site under their for sale section, or email me @ alanbry@bigpond.com.....the model is Cross Terrain

Hi Alan,

thanks for the thought, hope you sold it.
planning.... to relax

Fidon

Post by Fidon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Ern_Reeders wrote:The Pioneers might suit you. 5 min set up, more for the awning. Built to handle Australian conditions. Good off-road.

http://www.pioneercampers.com/index.php ... ur-campers

I'm picking up my Argyle SE in a few weeks. Made the choice after 12 months' research.

Hi Ern,
would be interested in some feedback on the Argyle when you've had some time with it.
Have looked at similar styles, would be interested to know how hot they get if you don't use the awning, (thinking of the overnight "lazy" stops).

thanks again
Fi
planning.... to relax

barry_4440

Post by barry_4440 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Fidon.
Re the AT10, yes we did get the awning extension. We have the front kitchen. We are going to order a front wall for it as well, partly for privacy partly to act as a wind break for the stove.
I might make up a separate folding stainless steel wind break for the stove, not sure what height I'd need, any suggestions?
One modification I made already was to cut 200mm out of the centre of the table and hinged it in the middle for easy storage. It now fits above the batteries out of the way. We haven't used the table yet but it is there in case of bad weather or flies. The table is probably the only thing they could have put some more thought into as in the normal position it was near impossible to move around it, if you swing it back against the seat you cant sit down. The modification works well.

barry_4440

Post by barry_4440 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:46 pm

PS the AT10,
reversing is fine, no probs.

Barry