battery set up

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

GEOFF.PAULINE

Re: battery set up

Post by GEOFF.PAULINE » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:02 pm

thanks sailorscott.

Have gone to the site and a good price . Will get some .

Also thanks Rob.

Geoff.
MDC Expedition Crusader
Nissan Navara D 40
" Live each day as though it's your last , Because one day you will be right."

SocialGeoff

Re: battery set up

Post by SocialGeoff » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:13 am

I just use a 120W solar panel running thru a 20amp regulator to a standard car battery...the 120W panel in a cage on top of trailer..protected by alumium pool fencing with a 1inch square mesh over it...charges well and well protected from something getting drop on it...for outlet for powerI have a 6 switch on/off which is powered by 6mm wire... from the 6 switch I have individual positive charge clips..and have one wall mounted negative platform...so just use alligator clips at the moment on 12V equipment to fire it up...one to 12v positive source n clip other on negative platform...so once I have work out what my main requirements are for power I wiil hard wire to the 6 switch set up...at the moment I have a car radio /cd player mounted inside..use a 12v truck all chrome fan to stay cool...so I can move it around I mounted to the base of the fan a positive alligator clip off a set of jumper leads...strong enough to clip to any tent pole etc..and have a few alligator clip end clip 12v lights...anyway hope I have giving you some ideas...Regards Geoff