IRISH ? ABOUT MATERIAL FOR BED ROLL

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

SocialGeoff

IRISH ? ABOUT MATERIAL FOR BED ROLL

Post by SocialGeoff » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Looking for a suggestion for a suitable material I can cover a 4 inch thick piece of foam with...intend to use as a mattress base...so wanna cover it with a material that I can cover the whole mattress ..design so I can take off and wash...I want a material that is robust but breathes without that vinyl effect that was used in the old days to make a durable cover...has anyone got a idea what to use ??...I appreciate any assistance

robcaz

Re: IRISH ? ABOUT MATERIAL FOR BED ROLL

Post by robcaz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Geoff,

We did have a business once that offered members a discount on camper trailer mattress protectors. These were made from nylon or canvas http://www.campertrailers.org/bedbag_discount.htm

Some camper trailer manufacturers offer a mattress protector as accessories. Try Googling camper trailer mattress cover or protector, camper trailer bed bag etc
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

depslibrary

Post by depslibrary » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Some years ago I bought a length of furnishing denim. I forget now what I actually planned to do with it, but over several years I have made thin foam mattress covers for stretchers, peg bags, bags for my barbecue equipment and other things. With velcro to do the ends up it has proved very robust. being cotton it breathes well.

I can't remember where I bought it, perhaps Spotlight. If they don't stock it they may be able to give you advice.
David and Joy Wilkinson

SocialGeoff

Post by SocialGeoff » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Thx for that will try Spotlight...Regards Geoff