12V Bush Shower Arrangement I am Doing

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

SocialGeoff

12V Bush Shower Arrangement I am Doing

Post by SocialGeoff » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:31 pm

On me last trip over Xmas I was lucky to find in the middle of the Hume Highway a caravan water tank...poor buggers and can imagine..."Hey Darling I am pumping but no water coming out"...lol.... so pick it up and it got me thinkin about a shower/water arrangement for the new camper...so will mount to my cage on top...have purchased a 12V water pump off ebay for $17.50..that pumps 5Lt a minute...so will attach that with a switch in a waterproof box so i can stand under the shower and turn pump on...then have welded a shower rose to some tube pipe and that gives me flexibility iin how high the rose is and I mounted the adjusting tube with rose attach to the tubing of the corner ladder rack on the trailer...so coming along good and will do some pics of it...hope this may give ideas to others...

Regards Social Geoff

Prime

Re: 12V Bush Shower Arrangement I am Doing

Post by Prime » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:57 pm

I'm in the process of fitting out water to my trailer ... tank underneath, 12V pump much like yours ... I bought from bunnings a hand held garden hose "wand" for want of a better description and with the adjustable head it resembles a nice home shower ... I'm very keen to try it out once I connect the water heater to it :).

The 12V pump I bought has a pressure cutout at 80PSI so if I turn the tap off it stops pumping ... turn the tap on, and away she goes :)

Luke
--
Cheeers

Luke JP (Qual) : VK4KYT

SocialGeoff

Re: 12V Bush Shower Arrangement I am Doing

Post by SocialGeoff » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:03 pm

I completed my shower and seems to work fine...so if you wanna catch up and swap ideas your welcome to sus out how I done it Prime. I used a 60PSI 12V Water Pump that pumps 5Lt a minute...seems to work fine coming thru a old shower rose:)