newbie-need advice on trailer conversion to camper

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

corndog

newbie-need advice on trailer conversion to camper

Post by corndog » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 pm

hey guys my first post here in this forum and look forward to peoples suggestions and etc.
My situation is that i own a fully enclosed gokart trailer and have given up racing fora while.
my aim now is to convert it into acamper so i can go away with the wife and kids.
it already has installed 2 150amp agm deep cycle batteries,240vt power run,dc-dc charge, electronic brakes, water, led lighting,aircompressor,cd player/stereo and a tv.
i have an idea about getting an awning/annex made up to go down the side of the trailer (fully enclosed). my kids would sleep in the trailer while my wife and i would sleep in the annex.
what would you guys recommend and also where could i get something like this awning/annex made up here in adelaide
hope this makes sense as i cant work out how to post picturesof my trailer

robcaz

Re: newbie-need advice on trailer conversion to camper

Post by robcaz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:15 am

Hi Corndog & welcome to the forum. Mal Lacey had a motorbike trailer with a rooftop tent & a kitchen across the front. I can only find one photo & that was from our national meet at Condoblin

If you would like more details of the set up I can contact him for you.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

corndog

Post by corndog » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:06 am

thanks rob.That would be great.
the idea i had was to have an annexe built onto the side of the trailer like a caravan.

SocialGeoff

Post by SocialGeoff » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Have done what you are going to do as I wrote my caravan off and used the old annex on the trady trailer ...have pictures of it..plus give you some helpful hints if you wish. My email address is geoffpoetman@hotmail.com...so email me and I can send you copies of what I have now and how I design it...