Cape York Explorer CT

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

BigRed

Cape York Explorer CT

Post by BigRed » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:28 pm

I know this mob has stopped making CTs however does anyone have any opinions on the about this model? On paper it looks ok but as I am in Hobart and the CT is in Victoria I would like to hear other owners' opinions prior to committing to travel over to take a look at it.

Thanks in anticipation - John
Regards Big Red (aka John)

robcaz

Re: Cape York Explorer CT

Post by robcaz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi John,

Cape York Trailers manufactured several rear fold hard floor & soft floor models in Cairns to handle the tough conditions of the Cape, so are virtually bulletproof with attention to dustproofing of the lockers. The steel chassis was laser cut, robot welded & hot dipped galvanised & clad in aluminium keeping the weight down.

Attention was taken to 'balance' the trailer reducing the often heavy ball weight of rear fold campers having the large water tank, batteries & spare wheel behind the axle. The trailers have coil independent trailing arm suspension & foam cell shock absorbers.

The tent was made from reliable Australian made 12oz canvas.

Unfortunately they ceased production around 2010.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

BigRed

Re: Cape York Explorer CT - Now a Mars

Post by BigRed » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:30 am

yep thanks Rob Carol. I did see one of you other posts. Bottom line is that it was just too hard/expensive to get it to Tassie other than to take my vehicle over and bring it back. Still a large expense for a two or three day trip. Ended up buying a 3 year old Mars hence the Avatar photo. Full rig is a 2013 Ford Ranger XLT (Red) with the Mars following along behind.
Regards Big Red (aka John)