Navigation

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

brownshed

Navigation

Post by brownshed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:36 pm

There is now a crowd based fuel app which is free. When you drive into a strange town looking for fuel its always nine to try and pick the cheaper ones rather than the most expensive fuel stop this side of the stump. Not only does it tell you which isthe cheapest one but it also shows where they all are so you no longer drive out of town only to have to turn round and drive back again. This app is also very handy in your home town as you can now easily go to the nearest cheap fuel spot. Its very easy to update prices as you drive along so as to help other travelers ........this is a really usefull app so check it out on your phone or tablet whatever and keep updating those prices....cheers brown shed

brownshed

Re: Navigation

Post by brownshed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:59 pm

I should add its called fuel map by wiki ...it covers the entire country. Cheers

Peterr

Post by Peterr » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 pm

just put it on my phone , it'll be very handy as more people use/update it ....

thanks!
Peter and Loretta

MDC camper , modded and still modding!

BigRed

Post by BigRed » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:03 am

I agree this could be very handy at times. I'm not so worried about prices more where the next fuel stop is. Given my first comment I was gobsmacked after I filled up at Normanton to find fuel about 30% cheaper further away at Kurumba on the Gulf. BTW the best Apple Turnovers in Oz are available from the Karumba bakery - big comment from a Tasssie traveler.
Regards Big Red (aka John)

nomudfalcon

Post by nomudfalcon » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:31 pm

brownshed
Thanks for the heads-up on this one, pre trip planning just become heaps easier
John & Judy