Neil Morton

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

robcaz

Neil Morton

Post by robcaz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi all,

A funeral service for longtime CamperTrailers member Neil Morton will be held this Friday 28th August 2015 at 11am at the Lakeside Chapel, Albany Creek Memorial Park Crematorium, 400 Albany Creek Road, Bridgeman Downs Qld 4035.

Carol & I will be attending the funeral. If you are coming along it would be nice if you could wear your CamperTrailers shirts.

A big thanks to everyone who had rung & left messages for both Carol & myself when we got back into coverage last Wednesday as we were heading the long way to the Lostock weekend letting us know about Neil.

Neil had become a good friend of ours over the years & was just as passionate about his camping & 12volting as we are. We had spent some great nights around the campfire with him & also a few nights at his place.

On our last visit to Neil's place after the Glen Innes national meet, he was busy modifying the Windsor Rapid again. He had added a shower & toilet unit & was the process of recladding the outside with aluminium chequer plate.

We will arrange a weekend get together in SE Qld before Christmas to remember Neil.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

andrewdale

Re: Neil Morton

Post by andrewdale » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am

robcaz wrote:Hi all,

A funeral service for longtime CamperTrailers member Neil Morton will be held this Friday 28th August 2015 at 11am at the Lakeside Chapel, Albany Creek Memorial Park Crematorium, 400 Albany Creek Road, Bridgeman Downs Qld 4035.

Carol & I will be attending the funeral. If you are coming along it would be nice if you could wear your CamperTrailers shirts.

A big thanks to everyone who had rung & left messages for both Carol & myself when we got back into coverage last Wednesday as we were heading the long way to the Lostock weekend letting us know about Neil.

Neil had become a good friend of ours over the years & was just as passionate about his camping & 12volting as we are. We had spent some great nights around the campfire with him & also a few nights at his place.

On our last visit to Neil's place after the Glen Innes national meet, he was busy modifying the Windsor Rapid again. He had added a shower & toilet unit & was the process of recladding the outside with aluminium chequer plate.

We will arrange a weekend get together in SE Qld before Christmas to remember Neil.
Readers,
I had only met Neil once before at the Clancy's Creek meet some years back, during that weekend, we were camping neighbours and as such, both of us competed for the snorer's award, Kev Beckwith and Shane Adams also in that vicinity, would probably attest to that statement. Neil wore a leather hat and full beard and was easy to recognise, we shared quite a bit of time chatting about 4wds and camping and life in general. Solving the worlds problems around a campfire, a talent , most of us have, if we are honest with ourselves.
The reason I am writing, about my only encounter with Neil, is to reinforce my own opinion of the friendly manner in which members of this club always present to me.
Rob and Carol dove all the way up from Newcastle and met up with quite a good representation of Qld members to say good bye to a fellow member of the club. Joining this club is like extending your family, and the tragic loss of Neil, was reflected in the faces of all who attended his service yesterday. What a tragedy to lose such a well liked clubber. No doubt we will all find a moment to reflect on the loss of one of our own at the Gulgong Meet?
Stay safe.
Regards Andy D.

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Neil enjoying a CamperTrailers members weekend get together at Clancys Creek
happy camping
Rob & Carol

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:40 pm

A big thanks to those members who attended Neil's funeral in Brisbane of Friday & also for wearing their CamperTrailers shirts. Neil was a big part of the group & loved getting out to the regular weekend get togethers & national meets. We will miss him.
happy camping
Rob & Carol