Forward Folding Camper - ModCon International FF!

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

peterbrockhoff

Forward Folding Camper - ModCon International FF!

Post by peterbrockhoff » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi team, does anyone have experience with Modcon campers. Specifically the new Modcon International FF1 which is part made in China and finished in the Modcon workshops in Brisbane. I am considering buying one. Thanks in advance
Peter B

Druvey

Re: Forward Folding Camper - ModCon International FF!

Post by Druvey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi Peter B,
I am in the same position. I would love to hear more about the quality etc of the MODCON International FF. IF ou were able to gain much information please let me know. Cheers
Dennis D

speedhump

Post by speedhump » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:53 pm

:D Guys,
I purchased a new FF camper off these guys in July & for 79 days we did outback NSW, outback Qld & the gulf.- in all we did 15,000 km. We optioned up with internal drawers & pantry, boat loader, off road hitch, hws. We had no mechanical or structural failure on our trip.
We had some dust ingress, a water pump wiring issue & two locks were shot to pieces because of vibration on gravel roads. Everything was fixed in Brisbane without hassle by Mod Con on our way home.
These trailers are built like a brick outhouse which is why they are so heavy .....my tare is 1400 kg & atm 1900kg. It definitely needs two to manoeuvre it at home where we store it.
I am impressed with what you get for the price & the workmanship is pretty good if a bit rough in the finish department. When I had the trailer serviced on my return everything was sweet with the only damage being two broken grease nipples which were replaced.
We found the canvas to be reasonably well cut & waterproof. The ensuite & touring awning are easy to put up but the annexe is definitely a two man job.

Speedhump

phil_oz_au

Post by phil_oz_au » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi all,
I was considering the ModCon FF - all Australian build. Heard too many scary stories about CT built OS and not standing up to our outback conditions. Good to hear the other side as well!.
Unfortunately I didn't buy one - My wife & I climbed all over one in Rylstone and were reasonably impressed so we travelled to a CT show in Dubbo after being faithfully promised that an Aust build one would be available, only to find 2 OS built ones. Despite this, we added up the cost of all the "extras" that we wanted - and were surprised. So surprised we went over to the KK CT and asked them for the price of the demo model they had on show (which included all the extras we wanted and then some) - It was less than the ModCon Aust built one with all the extras!

Now we've been to Broome & back (from Syd), a total of 15,000km with 10,000km of that on dirt all in 4 months :D (including Tanami track, GGR & Mitchell Falls "road" :o ), I am reasonably happy with the mechanics and structure of the KK.

If anyone wants to find out 'more' about the KK and other 'issues', :evil: , please feel free to contact me - so we can discuss off-line.
Relax ...
... it's the Journey, not the destination. :lol:

JasonBilly

Post by JasonBilly » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:12 pm

Think I like the forward fold camper. Q bed - keep SWMBO happy. Room in body of trailer for two sets of bunks - keep 4 mini pops happy. Live outside for the rest. Sounds good to me.

MattP

Post by MattP » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:41 pm

We purchased the Modcon Imperial FF Australian made version. Not the International FF but for what its worth it's been faultless over 12000km. The tare is about 1100kg and ATM of1600kg. Very good quality finish and "very strong". Ours was pretty basic, but all we need. Very easy set up and pack up and the canvas has also been faultless in some massive downpours. Service in Brisbane was spot on.

JasonBilly

Post by JasonBilly » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 pm

That's great. favourite feature of the ModCon Imperial is of course the forward folding top and he says the total setup took just 14 minutes, which is reduced to 5 minutes if you only want to use the awnings. My friend owns it and we have been to several texas rv parks on it. The fantastic layout, superb storage and simple design ensure the Modcon Imperial is comfortable, stylish and easy to use.