Campomatic repairs

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Jrosey

Campomatic repairs

Post by Jrosey » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi all
More than happy to be told I am posting this in the wrong place but my initial search has not been successful . I have purchased a 1997 campomatic and the small saddle clips that connect the tent section to the hard floor have rusted. I wish to replace them ideally with gal' or stainless saddles and screws. Can any one give me guidance as to the correct term for them and as to where I may be able to procure them. Thanks in advance for any advice forth coming
Cheers

robcaz

Re: Campomatic repairs

Post by robcaz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:45 am

Hi Jrosey,

Have you contacted Campomatic to see if they have replacements or upgraded replacements???
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Jrosey

Post by Jrosey » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi robcaz
As yet I haven't contacted Campomatic because being honest I didn't realise that they were still being manufactured, but also as I only picked the trailer up yesterday I haven't had the opportunity.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Cheers

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Camp/o/matic & Trak Shak were bought by the same company around 2005 & manufacturing moved off shore. Before that both were all Australian built.

The Camp/o/matic website can be found at http://www.campomatic.com.au/
happy camping
Rob & Carol

Jrosey

Post by Jrosey » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Gidday all
Back again after some more info if possible re my 1997 Campomatic. Slowly modifying to suit my needs and have added a small box on the draw bar for battery and charger. Bit of mucking around here as I needed to remove gas bottles and stands and drop back to one bottle. Don't really envisage using too much gas. While checking the suspension out there is some lateral movement in the swing arm bushes. I greased them on the weekend and I would guess this is the first time as the cover plates were rusted in place. Has any one replaced these bushes and if so what is the degree of difficulty and does anyone know of their availability? Thanks in advance

armbrup

Post by armbrup » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:37 pm

When I spoke to Trak Shak Sydney the bloke told me that they had a jig for setting up the alignment of the wheels, so I assume that they could replace the bushes.
My 1997 independent suspension bushes seem still OK and I have never greased them with 2 trips around OZ plus more!

Trak Shak Australia

24 Antoine St, Rydalmere NSW

02 9638 0771

0416 924 144

Murray Leghorn

email: info@trakshak.com.au

Unfortunately since the old bloke at Yatala stopped making them in 2004, all the component part numbers were lost, although the Trak Shak bloke told me that the suppliers change the parts so often that two shipments are never the same anyway.
Regards Philip A

Jrosey

Post by Jrosey » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Thanks for the info Phillip. I will call them during the week and see how I go. I have removed one side and and it has worn approx 1/3 through the nylon bush so definitely needs replacing.

Jrosey

Post by Jrosey » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:48 pm

More info re early campomatics. I spoke with the Sydney contact , Murray Leghorn who was as helpful,as he could be. Apparently when they purchased the manufacturing from campomatic in QLD there was very little hand over of spares or supplier contacts so there isn't much available. I have found out the name of the last general manager in QLD so on the off chance that he remembers any thing I am going to contact him. Real shame considering the quality of the units that the past wasn't moved forward. That's life I suppose.
Cheers

armbrup

Post by armbrup » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:57 am

One bit of of info that may be helpful and took me a long time to discover.
If your shocks lean inwards as mine do, then they are from an F100 dual I beam axle. Koni still sell them and some USA makers also sell them. I bought new Konis.
The Newtons of the main struts should be 700.
Regards Philip A

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:11 am

You will not know until you actually pull a swing arm apart, but you may be lucky to find the bolt is worn rather than the bushings. Fingers crossed.
happy camping
Rob & Carol