New member with Gas Cert Problems

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Matt51F1

New member with Gas Cert Problems

Post by Matt51F1 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello!

I'm a new member to this forum and have had another camper for a few years (One with the zip-off top and like a big tent off the side - you sleep up on top of the trailer) - and have just upgraded to a new(er) hard-floor camper.

I really like the idea of campers as they are easier to get around without the weight and wind resistance of a full-sized caravan - and the one I've just bought is like the holy grail of what I've been dreaming of since I bought the other one a few years ago.

Now... I fully suspect that people will say I'm dumb but I bought a Lintec Ultimate 4x4. I haven't seen any reviews to say they are bad but I have had one insurer say that they won't touch it.

Additionally, I've just had the gas certificate rejected because apparently the gas line is "unprotected copper" even though it has passed at least two gas certificate checks before I bought it (and it's not old).

I'm in Queensland and I'd like to know if there is a restriction on this or if the certifier is acting outside his bounds.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

robcaz

Re: New member with Gas Cert Problems

Post by robcaz » Wed May 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi Matt,

We are out camping at the moment but I have a link to the caravan gas standards on my computer at home.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year