My Bucket List is happening

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

mortdad

My Bucket List is happening

Post by mortdad » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:48 pm

The countdown is on! 5 days till I leave on a 3 month trip I have been planning for several years is finally going to happen. We leave on Tuesday morning and head to Narrandera then on to Mildura Wednesday, Broken Hill Thursday then the trip really starts. We turn off the bitumen at Yunta in SA and head up the east side of the Flinders Ranges until we get to Mt Chambers Gorge for a couple of nights then across the Flinders and up to Maree. From there we go up the Oodnadatta Track as far as Oodnadatta then turn off and follow the old Ghan Railway Line through to Alice Springs stopping at Chambers Pillar along the way.

After Alice we head out through Uluru and stay at Docker River campground then on to Ngaanyatjarra also known as Warakurna Roadhouse where we turn off onto the Old Gunbarrel Highway. We then follow that through to the Gunbarrel Highway and onto Wiluna for a couple of days then we tackle the Canning Stock Route. That will take us about 3 weeks or a little bit more. From there we head up to Halls Creek and then take the Duncan Road north and end up at Kununurra in WA. A couple of days looking around the area and then we head off again and head down the Binns Track with a break of 3 days in Alice Springs then back onto the Binns Track to Mt Dare then onto Dalhousie Springs for 2 nights lazing in the hot springs before crossing the Simpson on the Rigg Road ending up at Birdsville. From there we head across the bottom of Queensland to Quilpie then follow the Dowling track down to Bourke in NSW . From there it is an easy 2 day run home on the bitumen. 3 months may not be enough.

Dexdoggy

Re: My Bucket List is happening

Post by Dexdoggy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:53 am

Sounds fantastic (one day, sigh!)
Rick & Cherrie & Zoe Dog! Anywhere the trailer is set-up is our Happy Place!
Smith 2013 Off-Road soft-floor CT

robcaz

Re: My Bucket List is happening

Post by robcaz » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Have a great trip Greg & Marge. :cry:
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year