Lighting for a camper trailer

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

porterm

Lighting for a camper trailer

Post by porterm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi
I would like some advice on best way to light up a camper trailer. What type does everyone use when hooked up to mains power?
At the moment we would only be using powered sites, until I can ease my wife into free camping.
Have seen some LED strip lights, but not sure best way to go.
We are new to this so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Michael

Juss

Re: Lighting for a camper trailer

Post by Juss » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:36 am

Our camper trailer came with overhead LED strip lighting in the main tent, and a dimmable LED strip light for the annex - we attach this above the kitchen area for excellent overhead lighting. It can also be changed to yellow which helps keep the bugs away. They are very effecient and run off the 12volt, and don't use a lot of power.

Juss

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum. We have an older Korr LED lighting kit http://www.campertrailers.org/korr_lighting.htm which we are very happy with, better still the newer version comes with a 240volt adaptor. The magnets on the back of the strip lights make them very portable for travelling & a quick set up on the awning spreader bars.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Galpott

Post by Galpott » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi, we use led strip lights with a dimmer switch, 5 in the annexe and kitchen and two in the trailer and tent area. All run off the 12 volt system in the trailer, only change we made was to switch from cig plugs to merit plugs.
These were all purchased thru 4wd supacentre and have performed well.