Feeback from Ganmain from 2016 National Meet

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Coxy68

Feeback from Ganmain from 2016 National Meet

Post by Coxy68 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:45 am

Hi All,

Part of what we try to achieve by taking our National Meets to small country towns is to help make a difference and help promote towns that are not necessarily in the "tourist belt".

A lot of our activities also revolve around fund raising for the local community to help them get projects done around the town.

For last year's National Meet, the group headed to my home town of Ganmain in the Riverina area of NSW. The local showground had all the facilities we needed except for a good toilet and shower block. Enter the local hardworking Show and Showground Trust Committees and they worked tirelessly to get a brand new toilet and shower block built in time for our visit - despite all the wet weather we had last year. Our group was the first to benefit from these new facilities.

Nearly 12 months on, the showground at Ganmain is now open for general camping, which not only brings in much needed funds for the Showground Trust, but also to the local community.

I was contacted this morning by an old school mate who still lives in Ganmain, (some of you may remember Howard, who ran the Ganmain Ghost Tour) and he offered me the following:

"Good morning buddy. I thought you might like to hear that the show ground camping area has had a steady and fairly constant flow of visitors since the CTA meet. To the point that the trust is now running water to each powered site. June's rent alone will pay for it. Great to see. Cheers."

Great to see this positive outcome, and it is a direct result of our group holding our meet in Ganmain that they have the facilities to be able to do this!

Thanks Howard for keeping me and the group in the loop!

Cheers,
Jason.