A funny camping story

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

robcaz

A funny camping story

Post by robcaz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:08 am

Hi all,

We would love to hear about a funny event which happened when you were out camping.

We camped at Brachina Gorge in the Flinders Ranges with Dave & Joy Wilkinson for a couple of weeks. One afternoon I decided to walk to the top of the hill behind camp to get a couple of panorama photos in the late afternoon light.

When I got back to camp, Carol asked why I didn’t wave back to her from the top of the hill when she sang out to me. I replied I didn’t hear you. She then pointed to me still standing at the top of the hill. A picture says a thousand words.

You can see our campsite in the first photo & how insignificant we are http://www.robcaz.net/brachina_camp.htm
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Terry123

Re: A funny camping story

Post by Terry123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:26 pm

I woke up due to the loud screaming, I peeked my head a little bit outside the tent, had a pleasure to see my best friend of 12 years running around naked with fire on his junk.

Us & The Dogs

Post by Us & The Dogs » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Resurrecting an old thread. This happened in 1984, at Noah's Beach at Cape Tribulation Nth QLD. We had just set up for the next week, and had decided to go for a walk along the track, heading south towards the creek crossing, found this nice little trail into the jungle, on sea side of track. Walking along taking in the views, noticed a brush turkey mound, and decided to climb on top, so up I go, the missus, waited at the bottom, heard this massive growl, looked over the side, saw this big mumma croc, and she was p....d, she came straight over the top towards me, and I turned tail and bolted, leaving my missus standing there, she said "what's up", I yelled "croc", she just managed to get away, and we ran solid, for over 100mts, that croc had run at least 40 of those metres. I copped a clipping over the ears for that, as she had warned me. Now every time I see a brush turkey mound in south east QLD, I get scared of it, wondering if there is a croc behind it.

jameser

Post by jameser » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:02 pm

Hi,

The story is very interesting, I have a question about your camping, did you take any furniture with you?
Outdoor Furniture Online Australia @51% OFF Wholesale Prices.

Us & The Dogs

Post by Us & The Dogs » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:24 pm

Yes we did including seagrass matting. We were living out of a box trailer, and a family tent, staying at Noahs Beach, in 82- 83?'. 1984 is incorrect.